Social Emotional Games for Kids
At a glance
- EXPLORE EMOTIONS – Help young kids talk about their own feelings and learn to empathize with others. This learning faces toy is fun to play with and a great conversation starter. Children can play independently, recreate a story, or describe their own feelings.
- OPEN-ENDED MONTESSORI PLAY - Use these multi-use soft felt elements to create any face you like! Is it hair, a beard, or eyebrows? A smile or a frown? This social-emotional game includes a double-sided face board with two skin tones, 28 soft facial expression elements to attach to it, nine flashcards, and a cotton storage bag.
- PROMPT CARDS START CONVERSATIONS – Our game is designed to help kids identify emotions in themselves and others, express their own feelings, and learn to cope with them. The 9 double-sided flashcards feature a face expressing a feeling on one side, and on the reverse side, kids and adults will find advice and simple actions that can help enhance their mood or handle tricky feelings.
- DEVELOP KEY SKILLS – Social emotional learning activities like this are popular for 3-4 year old girls and boys, not only at home but also in a preschool classroom, kindergartens, and therapy sessions. These activities can help develop a wide range of skills, including social emotional learning, sensory education, logical thinking, dexterity, and speech. The product is ASTM certified.
- PERFECT PRESCHOOL GIFT – This fun sensory toy has educational value and comes in a presentation box, making it a great gift for toddlers and older kids. The elements attach to the board and come with a handy storage bag, making it ideal for use during trips or travel.
- TESTED BY REAL FAMILIES - Created by and for parents, La-la-llama educational toys for 3+ year old kids are designed to help kids explore their world, learn and play in a fun and safe way. Based on real-world parenting and teaching experience, La-la-llama toys encourage and support creativity and natural skill development.
Help kids learn about emotions
Learning to read faces and to talk about and manage your own emotions are key life skills. Help preschoolers practice in a fun way with this funny face game. Inspired by toddler sensory toys and speech therapy materials, this felt learning faces set includes 28 facial expressions elements, 1 double-sided base board (2 skin tones), 9 feelings cards and a storage bag. Many of the elements serve multiple uses: hair, beard or eyebrows; mouth or cheeks; smile or frown. As the pieces attach with Velcro, children can easily create emotions they’re feeling, talk about how someone else might feel, or simply copy a funny face from one of the cards.
Dozens of ways to play and learn
Created to encourage open-ended play, this felt board for toddlers can be used for independent play or with grown up support. A few of the options include: copying the faces on the feelings cards; creating your own funny face game; identifying emotions from a face made by someone else; representing your own emotions; or identifying parts of the face but the options are endless! The 9 feelings cards show different common emotions and also offer some simple ways to enhance a good mood or handle negative emotions, such as drawing a picture, talking to someone or sharing a hug.
Essential skills the easy way
La-la-llama toys make learning fun. As well as helping children develop speech and social skills, the tactile nature of this toy encourages the development of dexterity and fine motor skills. Felt board emotions also provide a neutral ground for talking about difficult, but very normal, feelings, such as anxiety, grief or anger. At the same time, this emotions face toy can just be a funny face game! With secure Velcro fastenings and a storage bag, this is a great set to take on a trip or play with while waiting for service. ASTM certified. Not suitable for children under 3 years.